Pasta with Dilled Pea Sauce
Serving Size: 1 cup
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup fresh dill
3 cups frozen peas
1 tbsp ginger, finely peeled & chopped
dash hot pepper sauce
1 ea leeks, thinly sliced
8 oz penne pasta, uncooked
3 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
¼ tsp salt
4 tbsp water
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the oil and the gingerroot and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the leek and cook for 3 minutes more.
3. Stir in the vegetable stock and dill, and bring to a boil. Add the peas and bring back to a boil.
4. Remove the sauce from heat. Pour the mixture into a blender and puree until smooth, about 5 minutes.
5. Mix the cornstarch and water to form a slurry. Add it to the sauce, return it to the heat and stir it until thickened, about 1 minute.
6. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain, and transfer to a large warm bowl.
7. To serve, add the salt and hot pepper sauce, toss with the pasta, and enjoy.