Chicken with Pistachio Citrus Sauce
- 4 ea. orange
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 2 tbsp. green onions, minced
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. pistachio nuts, toasted
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- Halve one or more oranges and squeeze to get 1/2 cup juice. Slice the remaining oranges,
- Sprinkle the chicken with pepper and salt, if desired.
- Saute chicken in the oil until cooked through but still moist and tender.
- Over medium-high heat, add the juice, zest, green onion, chicken broth and mustard to the pan drippings, stirring to make a sauce. A
- Add the orange slices and pistachios. Heat through and pour over chicken.
By Jackie Keller
From: Jackie Keller, Founder – NutriFit, LLC