Would you like to write for On Purpose Magazine (OPM)? Here are the guidelines.
If you would like to write please go to the OPM contact page and send in a request.
We reserve to change these guidelines at any time. I realize the list is long, but it is essential in order to avoid misunderstandings and time-wasting down the road. I respect your time and effort, and this is a good way to ensure neither is wasted. The following requirements are also valid for guest interviews.
- Your post must be original and must not have been published before on the web.
- You agree to not publish the post anywhere else for 3 months after it is published on this site, to maintain its uniqueness.
- The guest posts need to be related to inspirational, educational, or self-improvement/ lifestyle topics, for the most part. I am open to all, but if your topic does not fit OPM we deserve the right to refuse it. Contact us ahead of publishing the article if you have any questions regarding topics.
- You may include two links in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post, and one link inside the post linking back to your blog or project. A banner that points to your other posts on OPM will be displayed across the top of each of your articles as well as a link to your OPM online bio.
- You will also be allowed to add your Twitter, Facebook, G+, Linkedin handles if you have them.
- Please insert images that are relevant to the post. Maximum width is 500px. Please make sure there are no copyright issues with any images.
- Please ensure that the post is well-edited, readable, and written in good English.
- We ask that you share about the guest post on Twitter or any other social media, so the post you write gets comments from your regular readers. We will do the same. This is important to make this a win win proposition for traffic and good SEO for both sites to all involved. We will share your post widely with all our connections.
- Word Count should be no less than 250 and no more that 500 words it is best to stick to a word count of up to 400 words to ensure that you hold the readers’ attention. A well-thought-out title would attract more visitors, which is after all what this is all about: providing you more exposure.
- Ensure that you’re available to interact with readers who comment on your post.
- Make sure the paragraphs are short, for easy reading. Bullet points are very welcome.
- We will be available to help you with editing, formatting and organizing your posts.
- We do not support overt advertisements, unless it is to promote an author’s book: fiction, or related to publishing fiction in some way. We ask that you give the reader 90% meat (interesting content) and 10% promotion. Posts should be made to build relationships not to sell or convert others.
- It is possible that your post may be edited after you have posted it. We reserve the right to make small edits. Never do we change content in the large sense. If we do have an issue we will contact you.
Guest writing is great for OPM and great for the guest. OPM is a high traffic website that reaches over thousands.
On Purpose Magazine is selective, but offers writers a great platform to inspire, educate, entertain, acknowledge and help others… We welcome you to join us.
Warmest Regards,JW Najarian
On Purpose Magazine Founder