Apple Blueberry Delight Recipe
Apple Blueberry Delight
- 4 medium apples, unpeeled
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp. trans-fat free, lite margarine
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. orange peel, finely grated
- 1 tbsp. orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 tbsp. agave nectar
- 3 tbsp. orange juice
- In a small bowl, mix the agave, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the orange juice and peel. Core and thinly slice the apples; toss with the juice.
- Place a wok over medium heat. When the wok is hot, add the margarine. When melted, add the sugar mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute.
- Add the apple mixture to the wok and stir-fry until the apples are soft (about 3 minutes). Add the liqueur, bring to a boil, and boil for about 1 minute. Add the blueberries and stir-fry until the sauce is thickened. Serve hot, topped with whipped cream, if desired.
By Jackie Keller
From: Jackie Keller, Founder – NutriFit, LLC