[recipe title=”Chicken and Bean Burritos” servings=”4″ time=”20 mins” difficulty=”Easy”]
Serving Size: 1 burrito
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 (10″) fat free flour tortillas
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp. green chiles, diced (you may use canned)
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. NutriFit Calypso Salt Free Spice Blend
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 5 fresh plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 ¾ cup reduced sodium pinto beans, boiled without salt or fat
Note- For each tablespoon of the Calypso Spice Blend, you may substitute:1 1/2 tsp. ground chilies, 3/4 tsp. ground cumin, 1/2 tsp. black pepper and 1/4 tsp. garlic powder.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Stack the tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large, high sided skillet and fry the onions for 2 minutes.
- Toss the chicken with the Calypso Blend, and fry until the chicken turns white, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the pinto beans, slightly mashing with a spoon.
- Add the chicken stock and jalapeño chile. Stir to mix.
- Divide the chicken and bean mixture among the tortillas. Fold the edges and turn over on a baking sheet so that all the folds are underneath.
- Heat in a microwave oven for 1 minute, or until they are warmed through.
Combine the tomatoes, cilantro and green onions to create the salsa. Serve with the burritos [/recipe]